Outstanding Teacher Programme
At Rastrick, we aim for every lesson to be 'outstanding' and never less than 'good' to ensure our students achieve the best possible outcome.
To enable us to achieve this aim, we have set up the Outstanding Teacher Programme, an element of our CPD timetable. Led by a Lead Teacher, the programme inspires staff to try new strategies and become reflective practitioners, giving them the opportunity to discuss and share good practice with colleagues.
The programme builds on the key areas of the Teaching and Learning model in every learning experience. It covers a range of topic areas, looking at the theories for learning and pedagogical approaches whilst sharing a range of techniques and tips for the classroom including:
- Growth mindset and feedback
- What type of teacher am I?
- Classroom climate
- Learning to Learn
- Memory and effective strategies
- Developing effective students
- SOLO Taxonomy in the curriculum
- Importance of Feedback and Feedforward
- Educating through engagement
- Deconstructing the writing process